The best Lasagne ever

Saturday, September 30, 2017


Hey! It's still seems like summer weather here, the day is really beautiful and sunny. But probably these days are last in this year and Autumn is coming soon for real. I don't really like Autumn, it's cold and rainy outside, almost everyday. But we have last days of our summer holidays, and one of my best holidays was when we went to Rome. I fell in love with this city and I love the food. I thought about this time today and I had this brilliant idea to make our own Lasagne. The real one with beef meat and tomato sauce, no vegan options, sorry... But this one is the best one, trust me.



We like pasta, a lot... do you? I could eat pasta everyday for lunch and supper and that would be a dream. Well not well for my weight, but I'd feel always good full. I love pasta sauces and that you can eat it with anything, ex. meat, seafood, only veggies. And there're so many kinds, I should try them all and make a ranking maybe!

Lasagne is one of my favorite, by now, remind me to try other options. My mom made lasagne when I was a child and then later when I went vegetarian, she made a spinach lasagne especially for me. So I love it my whole life, also spaghetti is sooo good! And here I see the similarity. I don't know if it's only me cooking this way, or if it's really like this and Italians make it that way also. Because I use the same beef meat sause to lasagne as to spaghetti... Is it possible? or only I do it this way?... Whatever! It's always delicious and that's the most important thing here!



Lasagne is maybe a little more complicated than other pasta dishes, where you cook the pasta and then pour sauce on the pasta. That's it, bon appetit! Well, you need to cook lasagne and place careffuly in your dish. We always buy lasagne pasta, which you don't have to precook before baking, it's really helpful and time-saving.

We always make two sauces for this bake. First is of course tomato sauce with ground beef. It's abolutely amazing, we may be taking easier option, but you'll see there's a lot of work with lasagne; it's not a quick dish you'll make after work. That's why we use ready tomato sauce in a jar. But... it's not perfect, we try to add some red wine to give more clear taste and it smells soooo good when boiling! I love it! It gives this perfect taste to the sauce.

Second sauce is the white one, you make with milk, flour and butter. I'm sure most of you've made this one before. For me it's easy to make, for others no. If you don't feel a master with this part, remember to lower the heat so you have time to mix the sauce well, without clumps forming.



In each layer we have cheese, lasagne couldn't be a lasagne without it! We use just a gouda, our fav one, which we eat everyday. Also shredded mozzarella cheese is really good, I love it when it's melted and still chewy.

The perfection of lasagne is probably in the layers I think. In one bite you have all of them - pasta, beef, tomato&wine sauce, white sauce and cheese. Wow, that's a lot! And it still looks good on the plate, you don't have a big mess like sometimes with other pasta with sauce.



Let's try our lasagne recipe, because
it's our FAVORITE one,
the tomato sauce with RED WINE is just amazing,
you have lots of LAYERS,
and if you like ITALIAN FOOD you shoud try this one!






Recipe
Prep time
25 min
Cook time
60 min
Total time
1 h 25 min 
Servings: 6 servings
Recipe type: lunch, dinner

Ingredients & instructions

Lasagne Bolognese
lasagne, precooked

500 g bolognese sauce, your fav
500 g beef meat
250 ml red wine
2 Tbsp oil

250 g mozzarella, shreded

Bechamel sauce
4 Tbsp butter
3 Tbsp flour
2 cups whole milk
salt, pepper
nutmeg, pinch

1.       First make the bolognese sauce. In a medium pan heat oil and cook beef meat.
2.       When it’s ready add red wine and simmer to reduce.
3.       Then add bolognese sauce and heat.
4.       Now prepare bechamel sauce. In a medium pan heat butter and add flour. Stir all the time to avoid clumps.
5.       Add milk in small portions and stir. Then add salt, pepper and nutmeg.
6.       Bring the sauce to boil, it’ll thicken. If it’s too thick add more milk.
7.       Now you can put together the lasagne. Put some bechamel sauce on a bottom of a casserole pan. On top lasagne, then 1/3 bolognese sauce, on it 1/3 bechamel sauce and 1/3 mozzarella cheese.
8.       Repeat this process twice.
9.       Bake in the oven in 175°C (347 F) for 45 minutes.


Hope you'll enjoy this recipe, this is reaaly our fav Italian recipe. I could die for it! Share your photos with us #foodiesisterspl and comment below if you like our lasagne or if you have any questions.
xoxo,
Karo & Domi


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Pinterest

Subscribe