Lentil & Tomato Soup - warming orange snack for cold days

Wednesday, December 06, 2017


I don't know if I can name this one as a comfort food. I always say comfort food to some creamy, delicious food, but not healthy, or with high calorie intake. And this lentil and tomato soup is healthy in 100% and it is delicious! It also looks amazing, lovely orange colour. It's perfect for Autumn and you just smile while you see it.



Last days were more lazy for us. Autumn has overtoken our souls and minds. It's raining here most of the time. And we got little sleepy and resigned to some activities. Also we started our little naps during the day and it smush up the whole day sometimes. We are the people who are under weather changes impact.

That's why we need some helpers in the cold seasons, especially in autumn. We have our fuzzy socks and lovely candles. We really like Yankee Candles - now we have cranberry pear and it's amazing! It smells a very sweet and warm frangnance in the whole house. Also we helps ourselves with a coffee. My fav one is with PEANUT BUTTER, vanilla syrup and cinnamon - I love those warm spices, those make me feel better in a minute!



COMFORT FOOD is also a big helper. It needs to be hot and gives lots of energy to fight through the day. We started to focus more on warm lunches and dinners. As in summer we had lots of salad bowls, now it's a great time to have more soups. They're light and WARMING, you can have it at home or to go. What's more, most of them are easy to make. I come back home, put the ingredents to the pot and 20 minutes of boiling - here you go with your hot soup!

For the most of the time I cook these creamy soups which I blend. These are like puree for little babys sometimes :P but I like it a lot! And for me, they look better too. This time I tried not to blend it. And the soup is quit thick that's why you feel really full after eating. I made this one twice and it goes to the favorites soup. And I love it how quick I can make it! It's also an INSTANT POT SOUP! One pot, 20 minutes and here you go with a perfect autumnal comfort food!



The soup is very aromatic - it's spiced with TURMERIC and CURRY, which also give a nice yellow-orange colour. Also I used red lentils, they're very tender while cooked, more than other kinds of lentils. And chopped tomatoes, from the can, because I'm lazy, but if you have time and willing - you can use fresh tomatoes (but remember peel them off). As toppings I used fresh parsley and second time basil. I don't know which one is better, probably basil is more aromatic and fresh.

I recommend you this Lentil & Tomato Soup, because it's
ORANGE and looks beautiful,
AROMATIC with turmeric and curry,
INSTANT POT     (!!!),
WARMING,
other than a classic soup!




Recipe

Prep time
3 min
Cook time
25 min
Total time
28 min 
Servings: 4 bowls
Recipe type: lunch

Ingredients & instructions

Lentil & Tomato Soup
130 g red lentils
1000 g chopped tomatoes, 2 cans
750 ml veggie broth
1 onion
4 garlic cloves
2 Tbsp oil
salt, pepper
2 tsp turmeric
2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp chili powder
200 ml heavy cream 30% or plant milk
parsley or basil, chopped


1.       Peel off onion and garlic. Dice onion finely and mince garlic cloves.
2.       In a large pan heat oil, add onion and saute, then add garlic.
3.       To the pan add red lentils, salt, pepper, turmeric, curry and chili. Mix and add veggie broth. Bring to boil and cook for 15 minutes.
4.       Add chopped tomatoes and cook in a small heat for 10 minutes.
5.       Take of the heat and stir in heavy cream or plant milk. Serve in a bowls, topped with chopped parsley or basil.


    We hope you'll like this recipe, let us know if you try it in comments balow and on #foodiesisterspl
    xoxo,
    Karo & Domi

    You Might Also Like

    0 comments

    Popular Posts

    Like us on Facebook

    Pinterest

    Subscribe